This cake is a bit “heavier“ because there is also mascarpone. Well, few pieces of this soft cake shouldn’t be “dangerous” for our figure. 🙂 I used only 2 tablespoons of agave syrup because the apples were very sweet. However, if you are a person who fancy very sweet cakes you can use few more spoons of agave syrup for this recipe.
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 50 min.
Makes: 1 rectangle cake (14-16 squares)
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- 5 eggs (medium) + pinch of salt
- 1 cup mascarpone, (250g)
- 3 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup (nectar)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 apples (peeled, cored and diced) (400g)
- 1 cup tapioca flour (120g)
- 5 tbsp. coconut flour (50g)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder or fresh vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, line the baking tin with baking parchment
- Dice peeled and cored apples, (keep aside)
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, (keep aside)
- In a stand mixer, whisk eggs with pinch of salt (until foamy)
- Add all wet ingredients and mix well
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Finally, add diced apples and carefully mix with spatula
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking tin
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes
- Cool down a bit, cut into squares and serve
You can use powdered xylitol for dusting.
To store: an airtight container/ during the summer time store in the fridge.
See more recipes in my E-book here: My Cookbook