I love to modify my own recipes. 🙂 Why? Firstly, I love experiments, secondly I love food variety and thirdly I love to prepare recipes for everyone…. So, if your diet is different for any reason and you don’t find suitable recipe on my blog feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to advise you or maybe even try to create recipe for you.
This version of my apple cake is gluten-free, yeast-free, sweetener-free, lactose-free, vegetarian, vegan, and raw.
Preparation: 5 + 15 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Makes: 1 cake (8 pieces)
- ¾ cup cashew nuts, (100g)
- ¾ cup blanched almonds, (90g)
- ¾ cup dry wolf berries, (65g) or ¾ cup raisins, (90g)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, (not melted!)
- 6 apples, (750g) (coarsely grated) (430g) (squeezed) (340g)
- Line the cake tin with baking parchment
- In food processor, blend dry ingredients (until flour starts to form)
- Add wet ingredients (coconut oil) and blend (until smooth)
- Place mixture into the prepared cake tin (spread it evenly – use spatula or hands)
- Top with prepared grated apples
- Place in freezer until solid, (approx. 10 minutes)
- Remove from freezer and top with prepared grated apples
- Place in freezer, (only for about 5 minutes)
- Remove from freezer, carefully cut and serve
Please don’t forget to squeeze the water out of the apples once grated.
To store: in a fridge
Yum Yum 🙂