This pizza is great if you are looking for something easy and healthy to eat. I don’t have so much time after work for cooking, so I am creating simple and healthy recipes. 🙂
You can choose any toppings of your choice. This recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, and vegetarian. So, enjoy it. 🙂
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 10+15 min.
- For the base
- 1 pattypan squash, (peeled, without seeds, grated) (350g)
- 2 eggs, (medium)
- cheddar cheese, (100g) (grated)
- 3 garlic cloves, (pressed)
- small handful of fresh lovage or parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- For the topping
- 2 tbsp. GF ketchup, or soft creamy cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar or similar cheese, (50g)
- 4 mushrooms of your choice, (sliced)
- 1 red onion, (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220° C. Line the tray with baking parchment
- Squeeze the juice out from grated pattypan squash
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients (for the base)
- Wait for few minutes (chia seeds will absorb liquid)
- Spread the mixture on the base-lined tray, (try to make a round shape if possible)
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Take it out from the oven and carefully spread the soft cheese or ketchup over the base, then top with cheese, mushrooms, and onion…
- Sprinkle with oregano
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves
- Cut and serve
Please remember that weight of pattypan squash 350 g is net weight without seeds.
If you see bubbles at the surface while baking, don’t worry just prick the base with a fork.
You can substitute pattypan squash for courgette.
This pizza base will be delicious with any toppings of your choice.