I love tartar sauce but I don’t think it would be wise to eat it very often because tartar sauce is normally mayonnaise-based sauce. It is not problem to buy gluten-free mayo in these days but I decided to make healthier and lighter gluten-free tartar sauce. 🙂
The first step is to omit mayo and eggs in this recipe. Switching mayonnaise for yogurt and cottage cheese make this sauce healthier and easier to digest. So, here is my first version of gluten-free, egg-free, and mayonnaise-free tartar sauce recipe. I love it.
Prep: 5 min.
Makes: approx. 330ml
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- ½ cup natural plain yogurt (145g) (not sweet)
- ¾ cup cottage cheese (180g)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. powdered xylitol
- 1 tbsp. lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- small handful of fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Simply place everything in the mini food processor or food chopper and pulse until smooth
If you don’t have fresh parsley you can use 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
To store: in the fridge.
See more recipes here: My Cookbook