When my daughter asks for something sweet I always try to make something healthy for her. 🙂 And last week I made these lovely fruit jumbo muffins for her. They might be the best fruity muffins I’ve ever created. 🙂 They are so soft and delicious.
This recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, lactose-free and also suitable for vegetarians. These muffins are best eaten the same day they are made. Please , do not store them in a covered container or an airtight container because they will go off. I made 12 of them but I sent few of them to my friend and her son. If 12 of them are too many for you just cut the recipe in half and make only 6 of them.
Cooking: 35 min.
Makes: 12 jumbo muffins
- 8 eggs (medium) + pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice, (freshly squeezed)
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour, (30g)
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 bananas, (medium) = 1 ½ cup mashed
- 10 large strawberries, (200g) (diced)
- 1 cup blackberries, (130g)
- 1 cup raspberries, (130g)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, place muffin cups in the muffin thin
- In stand mixer, whisk eggs with pinch of salt until foamy
- Add lemon juice, mashed bananas and dry ingredients and mix again
- Finally add fruit and carefully mix using spatula
- Spoon the mixture to prepared muffin cups
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Let cool down a bit, (covered with tea towel), then serve
I use silicon muffin cups but you can simply use paper cups or just grease the tin properly with softened butter or coconut oil. It’s up to you. 🙂 Please remember these muffins are best eaten the same day they are made.