I love to make fritters, however, I don’t like deep-frying. So, I made these fritters in the oven again. When I created this recipe I made almost 50 fritters. 🙂 Well, it was really a lot. So, I decided to cut the recipe in half. I believe that 22 mini fritters are just enough for 3-4 people. 🙂
You can choose any side dish for these fritters. The recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, and vegetarian. For lactose free version choose lactose-free cheese. If you are histamine intolerant don’t use cheddar cheese, you can try some soft cheese (e.g. mozzarella).
Preparation: 10 + 5 min.
Cooking: 25 min.
Makes: 22 fritters
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 eggs, (medium)
- 1 courgette, (210g) (peeled and grated)
- grated cheese, (130g) (e.g. cheddar)
- 3 large garlic cloves, (pressed)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. psyllium powder
- 3 tsp. dried marjoram
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- For coating
- ½ cup GF breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, line the tray with baking parchment and grease baking parchment with coconut oil
- Squeeze the juice out from grated courgette
- In the bowl, mix all ingredients
- Allow the mixture rest for 5 minutes, then mix one more time (this is important for chia seeds and psyllium to absorb the liquid)
- Shape very small balls and coat with the breadcrumbs, place them on the tray
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip over and bake for 10 more minutes (until golden)
Use thin rubber gloves to shape the balls because the mixture is quite sticky.
They go well with mashed potatoes and yogurt dressing
For nut free version use different oil!
To store: an airtight container in the fridge (you have to warm them up before serving them again)