Are you planning to prepare simple and healthy dinner? So, this recipe is exactly for you. 🙂 I made these veggie fritters two days ago and I was seriously impressed. They turn out perfect crispy from the outside and soft in the middle. Even though, I call them fritters they are not deep-fried.
I decided to make healthier version, so I bake them in the oven. Perhaps you are wondering why I greased a baking parchment with coconut oil. Trust me it’s the best method for making these fritters. 🙂 This recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free and suitable for vegetarians. In case you are histamine intolerant, you should use some soft non-mature cheese instead of cheddar.
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 10+25 min.
Makes: 12 fritters
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 eggs, (medium)
- ½ broccoli, (200g) (pre-boiled for about 10 min.)
- 1 courgette, (220g) (peeled and grated)
- 1 red onion, (70g) (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, (pressed)
- grated cheese, (150g) (e.g. cheddar)
- small handful of fresh dill, (finely chopped)
- 1 cup brown ground flaxseeds, (150g)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, line the tray with baking parchment and grease baking parchment with coconut oil
- Boil broccoli for about 10 minutes and grate courgette - squeeze the juice out
- In the bowl, mix all ingredients and make smooth mixture by your hands
- Using a tablespoon shape 12 even balls onto the prepared tray and then flatten (shape nice fritters)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, (until slightly golden)
- Then serve
They go well with mashed potatoes
For nut free version use different oil!