Few days ago I made lovely quiche and I decided to make also vegan version. I can say that it’s just delicious and very soft. I love it so much. You can serve it with some sauce but it’s also tasty just plain.
The recipe is: gluten-free, yeast-free, soya-free, nut-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 40 min.
Makes: approx. 8 pieces
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- For Batter
- ¾ cup coconut cream (200ml)
- ½ cup aquafaba (I used chickpea liquid) (125ml)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sorghum flour (140g)
- ½ cup maize starch (55g)
- 1 tsp. psyllium powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground caraway seeds
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 large red onion (peeled, finely chopped) (180g)
- 2 red bell peppers (finely chopped) (160g)
- 2 mushrooms of your choice (diced) (80g)
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed)
- handful of fresh parsley or basil (finely chopped)
- coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, grease the tin with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for batter together, except of aquafaba (until smooth).
- In stand mixer, beat aquafaba into snow.
- Add aquafaba snow to prepared batter and carefully combine (use spatula).
- Add vegetables and mix.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit (covered with tea towel) cut and serve.
Do not cut the quiche while still hot; let it cool down well before cutting. Aqufaba is seriously great egg white substitute.
For more healthy and easy recipes see: my E-BOOK