My daughter loves ice cream and I am so happy to make her healthier version without so much sugar and additives… I would say that this is a “fake” salted caramel ice cream but is vegan and allergens free. It does really taste delisious! I hope you will enjoy this yummy ice cream!
The recipe is: gluten-free, soya-free, egg-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- The night before, place your freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut sugar and water bring to simmer over low heat and stir now and then until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into the blender. Add all the remaining ingredients (blend until smooth).
- Chill the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes. (If you skip this step it will take a bit longer to make your ice cream in the ice cream maker.)
- Add chilled mixture to your ice cream maker according to manufacturer´s instructions. (Prep time depends on type of your ice cream maker. It usually takes at least 30 minutes to my ice cream maker to make it.)
- You can serve it with gluten-free ice cream cones.
If you don’t have ice cream maker you can try following method: pour the blended mixture into some container and keep in freezer for at least 2-3 hours. It won’t be such a nice creamy ice cream but it will be tasty anyway.
Preparation time does not include soaking nuts and chilling ice cream freezing bowl.
If you do not tolerate cashew just add extra coconut cream approx. ½ cup extra and 2 more tbsp. agave syrup (nectar).
If you can't get coconut cream you can try to use coconut yogurt instead.
For more healthy and easy recipes see: my E-BOOK