This is not typical pizza but it’s worthy to try. I usually use my homemade beetroot ketchup or creamy cheese for the base.
The batter is quite runny but when you pour it very slowly onto the tray it is possible to make a round shape.
This pizza is quite filling, so I believe two people can share it. However, if you are very hungry simply make bigger size. Double the ingredients and pour the batter onto the baking tray. It won’t be round pizza because you will probably cover all the tray with batter but the shape is the only difference because it will taste the same. 🙂 It is also yeast-free, so if you don’t tolerate yeast you can enjoy this easy yummy pizza.
You can choose whatever you like for topping.
Prep: 10 min.
Cooking: 30 min.
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- For the base
- 3 eggs (medium)
- 1 cup natural plain yogurt (300g)
- 9 tbsp. corn flour (90g)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- For the topping
- 2 tbsp. GF ketchup, or soft creamy cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar or similar cheese, (50g)
- 6 mushrooms of your choice (sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Handful of fresh rocket or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Line the tray with baking parchment
- Mix all dry ingredients in the bowl
- In a stand mixer, combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well together
- Pour the batter on the base-lined tray, (try to make a round shape if possible)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and carefully spread the soft cheese or ketchup over the base, then top with cheese, mushrooms, and onion… (It’s possible that the base will be a bit wrinkled but don’t worry, it will be fine after the second baking with topping)
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt
- Bake for 15 minutes more
- Garnish with fresh rocket or parsley
- Cut and serve
If you see bubbles at the surface of the base while baking, don’t worry just use fork to prick the base.
See more recipes here: My Cookbook
It is perfect to come home from work and have a supper ready within 30 minutes on the table.