This nutty apple cake is wonderfully tasty. The first time I made this cake my daughter and I ate almost the whole cake in few minutes. It’s really mouth watering. Friend of mine Emma is also histamine and lactose intolerant but she enjoyed this cake without any symptoms. I was so happy about it.
This recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, lactose-free, and vegetarian. Vegan version? Soon on my blog.
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 35 min.
Makes: 1 cake (15 squares)
- 1 cup cashew nuts, (140g)
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, (100g)
- ½ cup raisins, (seedless) (75g)
- 4 eggs (medium)
- ½ tbsp. date syrup
- 6 apples, (750g) (coarsely grated) (430g) (squeezed) (340g)
- 2 tbsp. almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, line the baking tin with baking parchment
- In bowl, mix grated apples with almond flakes, (keep aside)
- In food processor, blend dry ingredients (until flour starts to form)
- Add wet ingredients and blend (until smooth)
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking tin
- Top with prepared topping (apples with almond flakes)
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Cool down a bit, (covered with tea towel), cut into squares and serve
Please don’t forget to squeeze the water out of the apples once grated.
I cut the cake into 15 squares but this is really up to you, you can make smaller or larger squares.