If you want to prepare simple and tasty dessert using only few ingredients try this recipe.
Agar agar is like vegetarian and vegan gelatine made of seaweed. Natural agar agar is unflavoured and it is rich in iodine and trace minerals. It’s high in fibre and has almost zero calories. However, I am always careful because large dose can have laxative effect. I like to use agar agar because it easy to prepare.
This is yummy, refreshing and satisfying dessert. It is great refreshment during the hot summer days. My daughter always asks for plain yogurt with these jellies. I think it is great idea to serve it with natural plain yogurt or Greek yogurt because it creates delicious flavour.
- 10g agar-agar powder
- 2 cups water, (500ml)
- 1 large mango, (250g) (peeled, stoned)
- 2 tbsp. powdered xylitol
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, (freshly squeezed)
- Blend half of mango with a hand blender until smooth (make puree)
- Diced other half of mango and place it into moulds
- Pour water to a saucepan; add agar powder, prepared mango puree, xylitol and lime juice to water and stir until dissolved
- Bring to boil, (but stir it) and then carefully pour into prepared jelly moulds
- Let cool down, and then keep in the fridge for about hour before serving
- To serve it, briefly dip the moulds in hot water and loosen from the sides and turn out onto small plates
It is tasty and very refreshing dessert. You can also serve it with natural plain yogurt (1/2 cup yogurt + 1 tbsp. agave syrup).
To store: in the fridge