My daughter doesn’t “tolerate” cocoa, so I am using carob powder to make her chocolaty goodies. Unlike chocolate, carob doesn’t contain caffeine, is naturally sweet, low in fat, higher in fibre, etc. I believe it is worthy to try.
This is pretty small portion, so just double all ingredients to make more nutella. 🙂 I prefer to buy peeled hazelnuts but if you have unpeeled do not forget to rub them vigorously in the tea towel.
Makes: 1 small jar
- ½ cup hazelnuts, approx.,(70g)
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, (but not melted)
- 1-2 tbsp. agave syrup, (nectar)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them for about 10 minutes
- Wrap the hazelnuts in the tea towel and rub them properly to remove as much skins as possible
- Grind hazelnuts in the food processor until fine, then add all ingredients and mix until smooth
It will be quit solid after refrigerated, so just place it in the bowl with warm water for a while before serving.
To store: in the fridge
I am sure it will be also tasty if you will substitute carob for cocoa.