This streusel cake is so yummy and the best is that you can use any fruit of your choice. If you don’t have gooseberries, simply go for strawberries, apricots, blueberries…
The recipe is: gluten-free, yeast-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, soya-free, and vegetarian.
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 40 min.
Makes: one rectangle cake (approx.. 15 squares)
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 2 bananas 330g (peeled and mashed) (230g)
- 2 cups coconut cream (500ml) (not milk! see notes)
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup (nectar) (40ml)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups oat flour (220g)
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 500g gooseberries (stemmed, topped and tailed)
- ⅓ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (45g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (80g)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a tin with baking parchment.
- Mix coconut sugar and breadcrumbs in small bowl (set aside).
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth (use spatula).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Top with prepared gooseberries and sprinkle with the prepared streusel.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; allow them to cool a bit (covered with tea towel).
- Cut and serve.
If you have problem with Candida use birch sugar (xylitol) instead of coconut sugar. Make sure you choose organic GMO-free xylitol and really made from birch. You can substitute gooseberries with any fruit of your choice. This recipe ask for coconut cream, do not substitute coconut cream with coconut milk, because the recipe will not turn out! Coconut cream must be smooth and creamy. Make sure you get oat flour labelled – gluten-free.
See my E- Book for more recipes.