This soup is very easy to make. It’s so tasty. This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian.
Good news – I made also lactose-free and vegan version. It was so yummy. Actually, coconut version is so thick and creamy that it could be great sauce for pasta.
So, you can decide which version you prefer. For lactose-free and vegan version read my notes.
Cooking: 5+25 min.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, (peeled and roughly chopped) (100g)
- 4 large carrots, (peeled and roughly chopped) (230g)
- 3 small kohlrabies, (peeled and roughly chopped) (320g)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ milk, (375 ml)
- 2 cups water, (500ml)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; add all ingredients except of milk and water
- Cover the saucepan and let fry over low heat
- Add water and milk, cover and cook over low heat for about 25 minutes
- Take bay leaves out
- Blend the soup with a hand blender and serve
You can serve it with gluten-free bread.
Lactose-free and vegan version: substitute milk for 1 can of coconut milk (400ml). (follow the same method)