It’s not easy to make egg-free and vegan biscuits but definitely it’s possible. You just need to be a bit more careful with the dough because it is very soft and sticky. I believe that it’s worthy to make them because they are delicious. I used a bit more flour for dusting while rolling. Yes, it helps a lot to roll this dough. 🙂
This recipe is: gluten-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soya-free, yeast-free, nut-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
I used xylitol but please remember to buy xylitol- birch sugar. I always make sure that it’s GMO-free real Birch sugar.
Cooking: 16 min.
Makes: 36-38 stars
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- 1 banana, (small)(mashed- ½ cup)
- ½ cup dark teff flour (85g)
- 1 cup GF oat flour (115g)
- 2 tbsp. ground brown flaxseeds (20g)
- 2 tbsp. brown rice flour, (20g)
- 4 tbsp. xylitol (60g)
- 1 tbsp. grape seeds oil
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl and mix by hands until fully incorporated.
- Then shape into the ball and cut it into 2 equal pieces.
- Lightly flour your rolling surface and the first piece of dough.
- Roll it out to the thickness about half centimetre.
- Press out your stars.
- Transfer to baking sheet using a pallet knife.
- Recombine your dough off-cuts and reroll them (make more stars).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit (covered with tea towel).
You can put dough into plastic bag and keep in the freezer for about 5 minutes before rolling. I didn’t do it and it was ok, so it’s just up to you. I don’t like to wait. 🙂
It is up to you what cookie cutters you like to use but if you use different size don’t forget to adjust baking time. I used cookie cutters diameter approx. 4 cm and made stars about half centimetre thick.
I use palette knife to place them on the baking sheet. They are a bit “fragile” so pallet knife helps a lot.
To store: An airtight container.
For more healthy and easy recipes see: my E-BOOK
Marry Xmas! 🙂