I created this recipe because I had a lot of homemade cookies. So, I wanted to spend some of them. Yes, I used my homemade GF vegan cookies for the base but you can use any gluten-free biscuits instead. 🙂 For vegan version make sure you get vegan biscuits. Or make my vegan biscuits and use them for this recipe. 🙂
We love this cake is very refreshing and so tasty.
The recipe is: gluten-free, yeast-free, soya-free, egg-free, vegetarian, and raw. Check my notes for nut-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and vegan version.
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Makes: 1 cake (9 pieces)
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreesphere
- For the base
- 1 ½ cup GF biscuits, (200g)
- ¾ cup melted butter(unsalted)(110g)
- 1 ½ cup blanched almonds (200g)
- ½ cup seedless dates (60g)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil (not melted!)
- 1 cup blueberries (130g)
- 1 cup raspberries (130g)
- ½ tbsp. date syrup
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla powder
- Line the cake tin with baking parchment.
- In food processor, blend GF biscuits.
- Add melted butter and mix using spatula.
- Place mixture into the prepared cake tin (spread it evenly – use spatula or hands).
- Place in freezer until solid, (approx. 10 minutes).
- In food processor, blend almonds and dates.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Remove the base from freezer and spread with prepared mixture evenly.
- Place in freezer until solid, (approx. 20 minutes).
- Remove from freezer, carefully cut and serve.
You can use some different fruit of your choice.
Nut free version: if you are allergic to nuts you can use rolled oats instead of almonds. If you don’t tolerate coconut you can use grape seed oil instead of coconut oil but only 1 tbsp.
Lactose free and dairy free version : use lactose free butter or coconut oil instead of normal butter, please make sure your biscuits are also lactose-free!
Vegan: I used my homemade vegan GF biscuits, so please make sure you use vegan biscuits. 🙂 I cut the cake into 9 equal squares….
To store: in a fridge
For more healthy and easy recipes see: my E-BOOK
Merry Christmas! 🙂 🙂 🙂