These Christmas biscuits are so tasty. I am very happy with this recipe because the dough is not sticky. You can use some jam or just eat them plain. We had a lot of fun with my daughter, cookie cutters are just like toys for her.
I simply love Christmas baking atmosphere- nice smell, songs and lot of fun.
This recipe is: gluten-free, yeast-free, nut-free, soya-free, and vegetarian. For lactose-free version use lactose-free butter but please be careful because dough will be very soft! 🙂
Makes: 42-44 cookies (22 sandwiched with jam)
Author: Petra Nela Glutenfreepshere
- 4 eggs (medium)
- 125g softened butter (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 3 ½ cups GF oat flour (400g)
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla powder
- 3 tsp. orange peel powder (organic)
- 2-3 tbsp. extra GF flour for dusting
- Optional: jam of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl and mix by hands until fully incorporated.
- Then shape into the ball and cut it into 2 equal pieces.
- Lightly flour your rolling surface and the first piece of dough.
- Roll it out to the thickness about half centimetre.
- Press out your biscuits using cookie cutters.
- Transfer to baking sheet using a pallet knife.
- Recombine your dough off-cuts and reroll them (make more biscuits).
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat the same with the second piece of the dough.
- And bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit (covered with tea towel).
- Optional: when cool, spread a jam on the bottom biscuits and top with another biscuits sandwiching them together.
- Serve with tea …
You can put dough into plastic bag and keep in the freezer for about 5 minutes before rolling. I didn’t do it and it was ok, so it’s just up to you. It is up to you what cookie cutters you like to use but if you use different size don’t forget to adjust baking time. I used stamp cookie cutters (dimension 4,5 cm) and made biscuits about half centimetre thick.
Lactose free version: use lactose free butter.
For more healthy and easy recipes see: my E-BOOK
Merry Christmas 🙂