This gluten-free and lactose-free pancake cake is incredibly delicious. My daughter loves pancakes, so I make them quite often. This time I decided to try some different method and the result is great. 🙂 This recipe is very easy, healthy and so yummy.
I used lactose-free Alpro rice drink but you can also use Alpro unsweetened almond drink for this recipe. Both alternatives are very tasty. We love it just this way without any extra sweeteners but if you fancy very sweet cakes you can add some xylitol, agave or maple syrup.
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 30 min.
Makes: 1 round cake (8 wedges)
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut oil for frying
- 4 eggs, (medium)
- 1 ½ cup Alpro rice drink
- 2 cups chestnut flour, (200g)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. powdered xylitol
- 1 sweet potato, (200g) (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 2 bananas, (medium) (mashed)
- 1 banana, (cut into circles)
- 1 cup strawberries, (130g) (cut into halves)
- For sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- In blender, blend all ingredients until smooth (only ingredients listed for pacakes)
- In meantime cook sweet potato in boiling water for about 10 minutes
- Heat the pan and brush with a bit of coconut oil
- Pour about ½ cup of the batter into the pan tilting the pan as you pour until the batter coat the pan
- Cook for about minute over low heat and then carefully flip over and cook for a minute more (make 4 thick pancakes)
- Mash bananas and cooked sweet potato, (must be smooth mushy texture)
- Place the first pancake on a serving plate and top with small amount of filling
- Using a table knife, spread into a thin, even layer that almost reaches the edge
- Repeat with the remaining pancakes and spread also a layer of filling on the top pancake, and then sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Cut the cake into 8 equal wedges, decorate with fruit, serve
You can serve this cake with different fruit and maple syrup. The best is to serve it warm. I use 2 kitchen turners to flip pancake over because these pancakes are very thick.
To store: in the fridge, (after you take it out from the fridge warm it up in the oven for few minutes)