I am sure that you’ll simply love these pancakes. We just couldn’t stop eating them. I would say that this is my best pancake recipe so far. They are so delicious that no one is going to believe you that there is no gluten and lactose. 12 small pancakes were enough for four of us. If you want to make more pancakes just double the ingredients.
Please don’t forget to read my notes. This recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, lactose-free, and vegetarian. My vegan version is coming soon. 🙂
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
Makes: 12 small pancakes
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil for frying
- 1 egg, (medium)
- 1 cup chestnut flour, (100g)
- 2 tbsp. almond flour, (20g)
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup, (or maple syrup)
- ¾ cup coconut milk, (200ml)
- jam/fruit of your choice…. (It’s up to you)
- In blender, blend all ingredients (for pancakes)
- Heat the pan and brush with a bit of coconut oil
- Pour about 30ml of the batter into the pan (please see my notes)
- Cook for about minute over low heat
- Then carefully flip over and cook for 30 seconds more (make 12 small pancakes)
- Serve e.g. with jam, fruit, maple syrup….
Half of the ladle (my ladle) is about 30 ml, so this means that you will make 4 pancakes at a time (30 ml of batter – for each pancake). If you use cup measures 30ml is ¼ cup. You need pancake pan for four pancakes to make 4 at a time because this batter is really runny. If you don’t have pancake pan for four pancakes, another option is to make large pancakes (use pancake pan (25cm)); I guess that you can make 6 large pancakes instead of 12 small ones.
I use 2 kitchen turners to flip pancake over.