This is super simple and tasty gluten-free soup. My daughter loves carrot but courgette is not exactly her favourite vegetable. So, I made this soup and she loves it. She was very surprised that there was also that “green vegetable” inside. 🙂
I don’t force her to eat food she doesn’t like but I always try different methods and it works most of the time.
I am sure you will enjoy this gluten-free and lactose-free recipe. I love to prepare blended soups because I don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen. Dinner ready within 30 minutes, healthy and tasty, yes I love it. 🙂
Use: saucepan/hand blender
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small courgette, (180g) (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 4 large carrots, (220g) (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small leek or ½ of large one, (70g) (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground caraway seeds
- 4 cups water, (1 litre)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the leek for a minute
- Add all the ingredients and spices except of water and fry covered for few minutes
- Add water and cook covered over low heat for about 20 minutes
- Blend the soup with a hand blender and serve
You can serve it with gluten-free bread and diced cheese.
If you are lactose intolerant or vegan just omit cheese.
For nut free version use different oil!