I don’t like to use gluten-free flour blends but I have to admit that gf flour blends from Doves Farm are exception. This company makes high quality organic gluten-free flour blends. The best is that Doves Farm products are GMO free and that is the most important for me. These biscuits are super simple and delicious.
I am so happy with this recipe because these biscuits don’t crumble. The recipe is gluten-free, yeast-free, and vegetarian. For lactose-free version use lactose-free butter but please be careful because dough will be very soft.
You can see two different pictures, one version is from Doves Farm GF plain white flour and another version is from Doves Farm GF brown bread flour. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Makes: 44 cookies (22 sandwiched with jam)
- 3 eggs (medium)
- 125g softened butter, (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups Doves Farm GF plain white flour, (300g)
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. orange peel powder (organic)
- 2-3 tbsp. Doves Farm GF plain white flour for dusting
- jam of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, line a baking sheet with parchment
- Place all ingredients into the bowl and mix by hands until fully incorporated
- Then shape into the ball and cut it into 2 equal pieces
- Lightly flour your rolling surface and the first piece of dough
- Roll it out to the thickness about half centimetre
- Press out your biscuits using cookie cutters
- Transfer to baking sheet using a pallet knife
- Recombine your dough off-cuts and reroll them (make more biscuits)
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Repeat the same with the second piece of the dough
- And bake for about 20 minutes
- Let cool down a bit (covered with tea towel)
- When cool, spread a jam on the bottom biscuits and top with another biscuits sandwiching them together
- Serve with tea …
You can put dough into plastic bag and keep in the freezer for about 5 minutes before rolling. I didn’t do it and it was ok, so it’s just up to you. You can also make these biscuits with Doves Farm GF brown bread flour – they are so yummy.
Lactose free version: use lactose free butter.
It is up to you what cookie cutters you like to use but if you use different size don’t forget to adjust baking time. I used stamp cookie cutters (dimension 4,5 cm) and made biscuits about half centimetre thick.
To store: An airtight container.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as we did. 🙂